By Susan Thompson
October 21, 2018, was a typical Sunday at The Port on Lake Panorama’s main basin. It was late afternoon, and the restaurant was closed, after being open earlier in the day for brunch. An employee doing paperwork in an office on the lower level smelled smoke, and discovered flames. A stray cigarette butt started a fire that ran up the outside of the building, getting into the kitchen walls and ceiling. The Panora and Guthrie Center fire departments put the fire out, and no one was injured.